Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ruby: Season 3 and Season 4

It's the ongoing argument. Why is Ruby on the show? What the hell is up with Ruby? Why is season three Ruby different than season four Ruby?

I've said this before. It's hard in this case if I were to play devil's advocate and speak up for GC (never thought I'd say that) but if I were I'd point out these things.

This is all IF we believe all of this to be true

- Kripke did not tell her that she was going to be a demon (that can trip you up)

- She was given scenes of KC to study to learn about Ruby (I don't know the whole acting process in and out, but I can imagine that it's hard for one actress to be exactly like another actress. Especially an actress who said that she watched Basic Instinct to prepare for her role.)

- The writingSeason 3, Ruby was secretive and not hardcore but she was bad. She fought, she showed up when needed, she was slick, I didn't like the character but she was slick.

Season 4, Ruby is lovesick and constantly chasing after Sam and everything is about Sam. She's not very helpful and she's whiny this season, not at all like the Ruby we used to know.


So, if we were to take GC;s acting out of the situation I'd say that she was given something messed up in the first place. I think that she just makes it [b]worse[/b] by making the comments that she makes. And I don't think her level of acting can handle the above mentioned changes.

It made no sense for Bela to be on Supernatural, one ep, maybe. But Lauren Cohan can act so we were all able to keep our annoyance towards Bela, not Lauren. But we're already frustrated with this character, GC's comments and lack of understanding of the fans and the show makes things worse.


And that is the nicest way I can put things about Ruby and GC.

No comments: