Sunday, May 31, 2009

Genevieve Cortese, Sorry Ms. Cortese

I'd like to begin with an apology to Genevieve Cortese.

Dear Ms. Cortese,
My inital assesment of you was harsh and unwarranted. I hope that you do understand that most of the anger that you, Katie, and Lauren had to deal with is nothing personal. Nor is my irritation with Andrew Dabb and Daniel Loflin, but that's another story.

Let me break it down for you. This letter is merley an explaination of what went wrong reguarding Ruby and Bela.

In my opinion, Bela was good for only one episode. I didn't see the need for her to be around as long as she was. Technically all the other episodes after Bad Day at Black Rock she was not an intergal part to the show.

Moving on to Ruby. After seeing Katie on Harper's Island - even though Harper's Island sucks much ass - she's been doing a terrific job acting wise.

But please understand, you took on a role that was already not understood and therefore hated. Then we go from Ruby's a snarky badass to a lovesick Sam follower - what the hell?

So in the beginning, Ms. Cortese you seemed like a square peg in a round hole - where is this going!

But things got better in the last two episodes you were in. Things made more sense. Not from Sam's point of view, but I'll get to that.

Ruby now had a goal and a purpose and now we understood and by extention I think that you understood.

So, just like I come online and complain about you - I'll come online againt to say, good job sorry we dragged you through mud and God knows what else along the way but I'll watch your next acting venture - granted it's something I'm interested in.

Next up - What the hell is up with Sam?

1 comment:

Ruby said...

people, what's wrong with you? am I the only one who understands what was the reason for Ruby's character's change? She had to make everyone believe that she was a sweet and obedient demon! why? make your brains work harder and you'll find the answer. She couldn't have gained confidence if she hadn't pretended a good demon! she played everyone - Sam, Dean, hell, heaven! and she couldn't have done it if she had been like Cassidy's character. Is it clear now? So Genevieve did a wonderful job, her Ruby made us believe in her love for Sam and her true wish to help him. She was a hidden threat, hidden enemy,amazing strategist! Cassidy was like open book, it was so easy to read her.. I don't understand why people think that it was up to Genevieve to decide how to play Ruby, Writers make such decisions! Genevieve Cortese's Ruby was magnificent!